Author
Topic: Sounds aren't right, TriggerTest not working properly.

hicksdd

TWS Edit: moved to pertinent forum board.

In Sibelius 7  --> Playback Devices, I have Kontakt 5 (AU) and the VDL Soundset 7.0a as an Active Device.  I have VDL 5.2.5 in my configuration.  

I thought it was working fine until I started writing battery parts and some of the sounds in the Snareline Manual LITE were not playing back the same as what it says in the Map.  (No duts, no met, almost everything sounds the same, buzz rolls sound TERRIBLE).  Then I started messing around with the Tenorline Manual LITE and it seems to be missing a lot as well.  For starters, there are only 2 different pitches.  Drums 1, 2, and 3 are one pitch and drums 4 and 5 are another.  I tried to run a triggertest and ran into the same issues.  

Any help is appreciated!

TBoliske

You've posted in the Finale template forum. Moving your post to the Sibelius forums should help you find and answer. Likewise, make sure you've searched the forum for a possible answer.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

Hugh Smith

Quote from: hicksdd on June 03, 2016, 08:49:27 AM
In Sibelius 7  --> Playback Devices, I have Kontakt 5 (AU) and the VDL Soundset 7.0a as an Active Device.  I have VDL 5.2.5 in my configuration. 

I thought it was working fine until I started writing battery parts and some of the sounds in the Snareline Manual LITE were not playing back the same as what it says in the Map.  (No duts, no met, almost everything sounds the same, buzz rolls sound TERRIBLE).  Then I started messing around with the Tenorline Manual LITE and it seems to be missing a lot as well.  For starters, there are only 2 different pitches.  Drums 1, 2, and 3 are one pitch and drums 4 and 5 are another.  I tried to run a triggertest and ran into the same issues. 

Any help is appreciated!

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

hicksdd

Screenshot Attached. 

hicksdd

After some more experimenting, it seems everything works fine when Sibelius Sounds are not added.  Any ideas on how to get the wind and VDL sounds to work simultaneously?

hicksdd

Nm!  I think I figured it out!  Didn't realize I was over the 32 sounds of my 2 instances of KP5.  Added another instance and all is good!

Hugh Smith

Excellent! Glad you got it figured out.
Hugh Smith