Author
Topic: Batery sounds Screwy?!

raybeats

Hugh

This is Ray Ulibarri

We have been working together via the Tapspace sight and I have updated to the sibelius 7.0a Template. I have attached a screen shot of the mixer and Plug in box also here is my folder that the xml file resides with the Kontakt 4 fixed library for my Kontakt 4 sounds.The problems is exactly the same no right hand battery hits.

TWS edit: attached images from pdf files

raybeats

Hugh I am trying to post a screen shot of the Mixer and Plug ins box but the pdf file is too large?

If you can send me your email in a personal message i can get it to you.

Ray

Hugh Smith

Hi Ray. Here's what I'd like you to do.

1) Make a backup of the file.
2) Go into the Mixer and set all the Device and Patch settings to "(Auto)". (Review the Readme section "Using Multiple Libraries" on pages 7 and 8 for more on this.)
3) Hit Play. Stop playback.
4) Now go back into the Mixer and see if everything loaded correctly. You may need to listen to each staff to double check.

If things did not load correctly, take another screen shot and attach to post and we'll go from there. (I sent you a PM.)
Hugh Smith

raybeats

Hugh

I have done everything you said and still no luck. I am also having the same problem with this same file on my laptop as well. Although if i set up a new score with battery only it works fine. The file itself has become corrupted. Unfortunately this same thing happened early on in the original score and I just started over, now however we are talking 4 minutes of music fully orchestrated and ready for production except the right sounds. I have sent screen shots to your email.

Hugh Smith

Hi Ray

I did not receive an email from you today. Also, if you could, please include the problem file so I can take a look at it.

Late
Hugh
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Ray, I received the screen shot. Can you also send me the .sib file you're having trouble with?
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Hi Ray

OK, I got your sib file.

At first glance, here's what I see:

• The House Styles from each of the 6.0, 6.0a, 7.0, and 7.0a VDL templates are present. There should only be one. It doesn't really matter which one, just that there's only one. (When working in older scores, all you need to do is continue to use a Playback Configuration that supports that template version.)
  • Since all those VDL template house styles are there, the noteheads list has grown by 7. I only looked at the SnareLine Manual mapping, but it's a mess. The playback seems choppy because the mapping now has wrong notehead assignments and Sibelius has no idea what sounds to trigger since the notehead numbers in the score don't match the mapping.
  • Not as big an issue as above, but not all the items in the Mixer were set to (Auto).

Give me a few days of tinkering/experimenting to come with the best case solution for correcting/saving the content of this file.

Late
Hugh

Hugh Smith

raybeats

Thanks so much!

raybeats

Any news?
Thanks
Ray Ulibarri

Hugh Smith

Sorry Ray, it slid off my radar.

There have been a couple of other people with the same issue recently so I'll be doing a small write-up / separate post to address it. Should have it done Thursday or Friday.

Have a great 4th!
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Hi Ray. It's been a very busy week. Thanks for your patience.

Please read these for a reference:
    Mixing Different Versions of the Same Template
    Re: Upgrade from Sibelius 5 (I know I'm late)

One of the things I tried with your score that's maybe different from the second link above, is instead of re-inputting all the unpitched percussion manually, I was able to copy from the original and paste into a fresh copy of the 7.0a template. I didn't test this with the entire score, but it seemed to work just fine for the battery staves. (I sent you the file I ended up with for this test.)

However, if the copy/paste method doesn't work (errant bits can be brought in this way too), then you'll need to go ahead and re-input manually. I know that this is probably not the desired solution/suggestion, but trying to fix the current file would be even more work.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hugh
Hugh Smith