Author
Topic: Sibelius 6.2 VDL 7.0a Template on Mac OS 6.2.0

ksnoeck

Installed VDL 2.5.5 update in Sibelius 6.2. Then found out I needed the TWS VDL 7.0a Template to use the new sounds. Downloaded and installed 7.0a. In an older full concert band score created with the VDL 6.0, VDL 7.0a appears as a choice in the Play/Playback devices/Active devices/Sound Set tree, but the new instruments are not choices. I deduced that I needed to create a new score template using 7.0a, but it does not appear in the Templates menu under Create a new score.

There must be some file I have yet to get in the correct folder or directory. Hand-holding would be appreciated.

Ken

Hugh Smith

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum.

You'll want to continue to use your VDL Template 6.0 files the way you have been.

To get the 7.0a instrument definitions, you need to do one of these two things:

• For each project, make a copy of "VDL_Template_7.0a.sib", rename it. Open the file in Sibelius and begin working.
  • Follow the instructions in Appendix C of the Readme file that's included in the template package.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hugh Smith

ksnoeck

Hugh,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I hadn't been able to find the file because I had overlooked the underscores. Once I had that, it was straight forward. My VDL 7.0a full band score template is now all set up and awaiting the next project. Thanks again.

Ken

Hugh Smith

Sounds great, Ken. Have fun writing!
Hugh Smith