Author
Topic: installations

atom

please  see snap shot
what schould i do !   trasch the template , install the s7s Sounset -7.1a

thanks for your answear .

Hugh Smith

Hi Atom, welcome to the forum.

Yes, I would delete the file you showed in the snap shot. However, place the new "S7S SoundSet 7.1a.xml" file into the Sounds folder, not the House Styles folder.

And then in your Playback Configuration you will want to have that sound set applied to your instance of Sibelius Player, like the image I attached.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

atom

hello

i cannot have the template on sibelius 7 sounds , i saved it but does not show up at re-load
but on my own setting all ok
is it normal ?

see attachment

thanks

Hugh Smith

Follow these steps for starting a new project:

1) Make a copy of the file "S7S_Template_7.1a.sib" and then rename it to the project name. For example, "MyNewProject.sib".

2) Open "MyNewProject.sib" in Sibelius.

3) Assign your "YO default 7 sound" Playback Configuration to the file - or a different one, if you'd like.

4) From the Add Instruments dialog, insert the instruments you want in the score. To access the instruments defined in the S7S Template, select them from the "- S7S Template 7.1a" Ensemble. See attached image.

5) For each unpitched instrument in the score, be sure the noteheads you input match the noteheads listed in the "S7S_Maps_7.1a".pdf file.

Let me know if this helps.

Hugh

I will see if I can find some time next week to make a couple videos that shows the basics of working with the S7S Template files and instrument definitions.

Hugh Smith

atom

it help
but if you have time  i will be very happy with a video .

thanks

Hugh Smith

Hi Atom

Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the videos. I still have plans to produce them as I have the time.

Hugh
Hugh Smith