Author
Topic: Sibelius VDL Template Cannot Be Recognized

Blackstock4980

For some reason, my PC does not recognize the template file. I purchased the VDL template for Sibelius 7. My Sibelius program is 7.1.3. After purchasing, I downloaded the template zip drive. When I try to open the template my PC says that it does not have a program hat can open the file, and would I like to browse/search online for one that will. I browse, click Sibelius 7, and it gives me an error message. I CAN open old files from Sibelius 3, 4, and 5 - these .sib files have no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hugh Smith

Is 7.1.3 the only version of Sibelius you have installed on your system?

Please attach screen shots of the error messages.
Hugh Smith

Blackstock4980

Hello.

Thank you for your reply. I have been away for a couple of weeks; I apologize for the delay. Please see the attached screen photos.

Thanks again for any help!

Hugh Smith

Have you unzipped the archive?
Hugh Smith

Blackstock4980

Yes. I even tried downloading the zip file (for the 3rd time) and went through the process again - still nothing.

Hugh Smith

Have you tried opening the file from within Sibelius?

Oh, I missed it the first time. The second image you attached shows that the .sib file is still inside the .zip archive. Please unzip the archive to access its contents. For more on that, read the FAQ on this page labeled "How do I unzip the template package?".

Let me know if this gets it.
Hugh Smith

Blackstock4980

Yeah, definitely unzipped the zip file. Still got the attached error message

Hugh Smith

Did you try opening the file from within Sibelius?
Hugh Smith