Author
Topic: Sib.7, KP5 and VDL2.5.5

DSDrmGuy

Hello,

I have recently switched to Sibelius after many frustrating years trying to use Finale. I have everything loaded and I just purchased the template needed for Sib. 7 and VDL 2.5.5. I am running Windows 7 with the latest version on KP5 and Sib. 7.

I have read the forum post started by Cavies79 where the .dll files must be copied to the VST Plugins folder(which I have done) and I still can't get KP5 to show up in the configuration menu as an available device.

Any help you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

DSDrmGuy

Also forgot to mention that I did not have a sounds folder under the destination mentioned in the ReadMe for the template. I did create one that currently contains the XML that came with the template and the VDL 2.5.5 folder.

Hugh Smith

Hi Jason

The main thing that comes to mind is you're not using the corresponding version of Sibelius (32bit vs 64bit) for where you placed the .dll file. Also, the .dll file itself needs to be the correct 32 or 64 bit version for each destination. 64bit Sibelius will only show 64bit plugin devices; 32bit Sibelius will only show 32bit plugin devices. So...

- 64bit Sibelius: C:\Program Files\Avid\VSTPlugins => with 64bit KP5 .dll
 - 32bit Sibelius: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avid\VSTPlugins => with 32bit KP5 .dll

Quote from: DSDrmGuy on June 01, 2013, 11:24:35 PM
Also forgot to mention that I did not have a sounds folder under the destination mentioned in the ReadMe for the template. I did create one that currently contains the XML that came with the template and the VDL 2.5.5 folder.

Yes, that's typical for new installs.

Please let me know how you get on.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

DSDrmGuy

Hugh,

I have double checked the .dll file locations and they seem to be in the correct locations. I even removed them and started over and nothing.

Just to be clear, do I need a file in each one of these?

C:\Program Files\Avid\VSTPlugins

C:\Program Files (x86)\Avid\VSTPlugins 

I tried it every way possible. LOL

Thanks,

Jason

DSDrmGuy

Got it!!!

The file destination was not added under the Audio Engine Options.

Thanks!

Hugh Smith

Quote from: DSDrmGuy on June 02, 2013, 11:21:38 AM
Just to be clear, do I need a file in each one of these?
C:\Program Files\Avid\VSTPlugins
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avid\VSTPlugins 

Nope, just the version of Sibelius you're going to use. (The x86 points to the 32bit version.)

Excellent! Sounds like you're good to go. Thanks for getting back and sharing your solution.

Hugh
Hugh Smith