Author
Topic: this doesn't happen when I load in SE6

zepposnonno

"Every Sibelius Player patch in the Essentials library has a corresponding instrument defined
within the SE6 Template. If you open the Instruments window (shortcut: I), you'll see that there
is an ensemble called "- SE6 Template 6.0a"."  What might need to happen?  I properly defined the playback device though I haven't tested it yet.  Also, which folder should get the SE6_Template_6.0a.sib

Thanks, Joe

Hugh Smith

Hi Joe, welcome to the forum.

If I understand what you're asking, the Template file (SE6_Template_6.0a.sib) is located in the ZIP archive you downloaded. Once the archive is unzipped, open the .sib file. You can create the Playback Configuration for this either before or after you've opened the template file. Also, be sure to place the sound set file (SE6_SoundSet_6.0a.xml) in the appropriate location BEFORE you even launch Sibelius.

If you think you may need to, feel free to review the Readme PDF file in regards to the setup steps. And, Appendix C covers how to Export Manuscript Paper so you don't have to make copies of the template file for every new project.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Hugh Smith

zepposnonno

Thanks Hugh, I'll fess up and admit that I read past the part that said to load the template then you'll see the ensemble.  After I scrutinized the pdf to see what I was doing wrong I realized what I'd missed (ignored?).  When I loaded the template the ensemble was in fact amongst the available instrument choices.  And since I'd read everything a bit[!] more carefully I have also completed the steps to create manuscript paper.  So, my bad!  Thanks for your reply.  Now to see if I can do any instrument playback modifications :-)  Joseph

Hugh Smith

"It's all good!" :) If you have any other questions as to how I have things setup in the Template, be sure to ask.

Hugh
Hugh Smith