Author
Topic: -S7S Template 7.1a not showing in sibelius 7.1.2 add instruments drop down list

joecurtis

I am trying to load a percussion sound (Gong 3) in a score. If I load the S7S_Template_7.1a.sib file the -S7S Template 7.1a shows in the  drop down list  in the add instrument menu and I can select and play the Gong 3 sound without a problem. However if I load my own score with the S7S soundset 7.1a loaded on the sibelius player device in playback devices I do not get the -S7S Template 7.1a showing in the add instruments drop down list and cannot find the Gong 3 instrument in any of the other instrument groups.
I presume that I have the template files in the correct place otherwise the S7S_Template_7.1a.sib file would not work.
Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Curtis

joecurtis

I have just read appendix D and realised how to do it. Export house style from template sib and import it into mine. Not instantly obvious from blurb but possible I didn't read thoroughly enough!

Hugh Smith

Hi Joe

Yes, Appendix D covers how to merge House Styles, i.e. the Template and one of your older scores. Appendix C covers how to Export Manuscript Paper.

Anyway, sounds like you've figured it out.
Hugh Smith