Author
Topic: Location for .xml file on Mac OSX

wvickery

I am trying to put my .xml file in the Users/your username/Library/Application Support/Avid/Sibelius 7/Sounds folder (knowing I create the /sounds folder) but I dont even have its parents folders. I have Sib 7.1.2 and the updated Sib Sounds. Also VDL 2.5 is installed. In my Users folder all I have is Users/dev and Users/Shared and in the Shared folder I can get to Users/Shared/Library/Application Support but I do not have An Avid folder all I have is Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Digidesign with some Sibelius stuff in it.

I dont know where I should put the .xml file. I cannot even find a Sibelius Sounds folder.

Your help is appreciated.

William

Hugh Smith

Hi William, welcome to the forum.

Those folders are there, you just can't see them right now because they're hidden to you. I'm not sure how to do it on a Mac, but you need to change that setting.

Doing a quick Google search for "mac view hidden folders" or "mac folder permissions" should get you there.

Let me know if you have any problems afterwards.
Hugh Smith

wvickery

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the reply. I made hidden files visible but I still do not have the correct folders. Here is a screenshot to show you my file structure if that helps at all.

William

Hugh Smith

OK, that's probably just my non-Mac-ness rearing it's ugly head. One of these days I'll actually have one.

Try this path: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Sibelius 7 > Sounds

Read this for more info.
Hugh Smith