Author
Topic: Not hearing anything in playback

wvickery

Hello again!

Alright so anyones input would be loved! I have KP5 properly installed, and I think Sib 7 is seeing it properly. I have put the .xml file in my own created sounds folder and I can see VDL in the playback configuration. I did the update from tapspace to have VDL 2.5.2. I do believe all of this is how it should be but I can not hear any sound when I play my scores back. What other information does anyone need to help me trouble shoot this.

Many thank,
William

Hugh Smith

Hi William

Does your Playback Configuration look similar to the image I attached? If not, please attach a screen shot of what you do see.

Also, do you get sounds when you have VDL patches loaded into Kontakt Player when in stand alone mode?
Hugh Smith

wvickery

Hey,

Mine looks similar. But KP5 has AU next to it. When I had this running on windows I believe kp was used as a VST.

Hugh Smith

Double click the "Sound Set" field where it says Virtual Drumline 2.5 to get the drop down list. What sound sets do you have to choose from? Hopefully you see "VDL SoundSet 7.0" in the list.

You're on a Mac, so the AU plugin is preferred.
Hugh Smith

wvickery

I switched it to VDL sound set 7.0 but I still get nothing. How can I make sure that VDL 2.5.2 is installed the way the template wants it to be. I ran the installer from tapspace, but I dont know if it did it properly.

Hugh Smith

OK, good, you at least have the template sound set available to you.

1) Open Kontakt Player in stand alone mode. Load some patches. Do they playback when you tinker on KP's keyboard? If yes, close Kontakt Player, then...

2) Inside of Sibelius, open one of the TriggerTest files. Hit Play. Do you hear anything? Are you getting any error messages (attach screen shot if you are)?
Hugh Smith

wvickery

No I am not hearing anything. I think It may be that VDL may not be installed properly, I dont know why though.

I also get this error screen for everything.

Hugh Smith

Ah, samples missing. Wherever you've installed the VDL library to is where you should also have large .nkx files. If your install directory does not look similar to the attached image, then you need to manually drag those files (nkx and nkc) there from your VDL DVD.
Hugh Smith

wvickery

WOHOO! Finally got it working!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! YOUR HELP HAS BEEN GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

W.

Hugh Smith

You're welcome, William. Have a great day!
Hugh Smith