Author
Topic: Kontakt and Sib 7

ktdrum

I'm having trouble setting up the Kontakt player inside sibelius. I have downloaded the latest Kontakt 5 version. It is coming up in the devices list, but it's showing as a vst rather than Kontakt for (type). I also created a sounds folder within the Sibelius 7 folder as directed, but it's not showing up in any of the drop down lists.

Kevin

Hugh Smith

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum.

The sound set won't show up until you get Kontakt Player to show as a Kontakt device. Have you updated Sibelius to 7.1.2?
Hugh Smith

ktdrum

Hugh,
  I downloaded the new 7.12 version of sibelius 7 and now the Kontakt player is showing up correctly, but I'm still not able to get the VDL 7.0 sound set. It is showing as General Midi on the drop down

Hugh Smith

Double click the field to get the drop down list. If "VDL SoundSet 7.0" is not there, you'll need to take another look at where you copied the file to.

Attach any screen shots you think may help (i.e. Playback Configuration).
Hugh Smith

ktdrum

I still can't get the VDL Sound set 7 in the drop box. Is there a difference between VDL-Soundset_7.0.xml and VDL_Soundset_7.0? The soundset I see does not have the .xml at the end?

Hugh Smith

Kevin, please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration window.
Hugh Smith

ktdrum

I can't figure out a way to save the screen shot inside of Sibelius to copy.

ktdrum

I have attached the screen shot

Hugh Smith

Double click where it says "General MIDI" to get the sound set drop down list. If the file "VDL_SoundSet_7.0.xml" is in the correct location, that sound set will display as "VDL SoundSet 7.0" in the drop down list. See the image I attached for an example.
Hugh Smith

ktdrum

I checked in the drop down list and it was not there. I must have it in the wrong place, but I can't figure out where. I have attached a screen shot of where I have it placed

ktdrum

I've attached another screen shot. I know it must be something simple, but I can't seem to get it figured out.

Hugh Smith

Hi Kevin

The VDL sound set that Sibelius supplies is showing correctly in the drop down list. So at least Sibelius knows that VDL is installed.

The Template sound set is not in the correct place. Please review page 6 of the Readme or read this page for placing the sound set XML file.

With the exception of the "your username" bit, should look like the attached image.
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Read this topic for a screen capture option.
Hugh Smith

ktdrum

Hugh,
  I've got it up and running, thanks so much for your help.

Hugh Smith

Good deal! Let me know if you run into anything else.
Hugh Smith