Author
Topic: Sibelius 7.1.2 & VDL 2.5.5 won't play sounds.

jeremiah_fowler3

I recently upgraded to Sib 7.1.2, VDL2.5.5, and KP 5.  I am unable to hear sounds when playing through the Sib 7.0 sound set, although the mixer does show activity during playback.  I followed all upgrade and installation procedures.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mac OS 10.6.8
Sibelius 7.1.2
VDL 2.5.5
KP 5
Write Score template for Sib 7

Jeremiah Fowler

Hugh Smith

Hi Jeremiah, welcome to the forum.

Can you attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration? Also, after you've hit Play, please include a screen shot of the Mixer.
Hugh Smith

jeremiah_fowler3

Thanks Hugh, here is the playback config.  I can send you the sib file privately if you like.

Jeremiah Fowler

jeremiah_fowler3

Here is the mixer shot.

Hugh Smith

I sent you a PM with where you can send the .sib file.
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

I looked at the file and the one stave you included played back just fine for me. Go into your Playback Configuration, click on Audio Engine Options, grab a screen shot of what you see there.
Hugh Smith

jeremiah_fowler3

Here you go.  I will send you the entire file, I accidentally sent you one instrument.

Hugh Smith

OK, I looked at the full file and again everything played back fine for me. Some of the volume levels in the Mixer seemed kind of soft, but they did playback.

Is there any particular reason why you aren't letting the non percussion instruments playback through Sibelius Player? I tried that also and it seemed to behave like it's supposed to.

None of the screen shots you attached are showing any settings that are out of whack. We may need to dig deeper into your overall setup. What hardware are you using? Sound card, speakers, etc.
Hugh Smith

jeremiah_fowler3

I alleviated the sib player to see if that helped(Casella suggested).  I think the issue may be deeper also. I tend to think that something went funky when I upgraded all of the items(Sib 7, VDL 2.5.5, WriteScore template).  I have a MacBook Pro. Attached is a pic of the contents of my VDL 2.5 folder where the sound files are located.

jeremiah_fowler3

I deleted everything off my computer and did a fresh install and now everything seems to be working great!  Thanks for your help anyway!

Jeremiah Fowler

Hugh Smith

Based on what I could see in the last image you attached, something didn't seem quite right in that folder. Anyway, glad to hear you got things going.
Hugh Smith