Author
Topic: Still seeing "General Midi" in soundset box??

K. Campbell

Hey everyone,

I just attempted to install the new template, and I have come to a stopping point. First off, I have the latest of Sibelius 7, VDL 2.5.5, KP5 and a Windows 7 64 bit system. I copied everything as I was instructed to do so, but I am still seeing the words "General Midi" under the soundset for the activated side in Sibelius 7 playback. Did I miss something along the way or did I just install something incorrectly?.... I should be able to do this with no problems, but I seem to keep doing something wrong. Any help would be great....thanks guys..

Kevin

Hugh Smith

Hi Kevin

Double check that you're running at least Sibelius 7.1.2. Previous versions don't see KP5 as a "Kontakt" device. Otherwise, please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

K. Campbell

Thanks for the reply Hugh!

I am running Sibelius 7.1.3...the latest version. Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing

Hugh Smith

Which version of the KP5 plugin file (.dll on windows) do you have in the Avid/Sibelius plugins folder?

• Kontakt 5 8out.dll
  • Kontakt 5 16out.dll
  • Kontakt 5.dll                <- use this one

And what else do you see in the "Sound Set" drop down menu? (attach screen shot)
Hugh Smith

K. Campbell

Hey Hugh,

I am at a different computer right now, so I will just have to explain things for now. I can send a screen shot later.. I do apologize..

This is under (C:) Program Files/Avid/VSTplugins... I see Kontakt 5.dll... Under (C:) Program Files/Avid/Sibelius 7...The KP5 file is not listed. Addiontally, under (C:) Program Files (x86)/Avid/VSTPlugins .... there are NO files in that folder. (C:) Program Files (x86)/Avid/Sibelius 7 ... The KP5 file is not listed as well.

Real time chat would be aweseom...lol.. Thanks for the help!!

Kevin

Hugh Smith

The "Kontakt 5.dll" file in C:\Program Files\Avid\VSTPlugins should be all you need - assuming you're using 64-bit Sibelius. What version of Kontakt Player are you running?

What other sound sets do you see in the "Sound Set" drop down menu? (Yes, please attach screen shot.)

Hugh

Hugh Smith

K. Campbell

Here is my screen for the VSTPLugins folder under Program Files/Avid/VSTPlugins

I am running Kontakt Player 5 and the the list for my sound sets are the same on my last screen shot of Sib 7. I only see General Midi and Sibelius 7 Sounds in my drop down box. Out from Kontakt 5, I only see General Midi.

I am afraid that I may have something somewhere it shouldn't be.

Hugh Smith

Hi Kevin

Please attach an image of what you see in the "Sound Set" drop down menu - like the one I've attached to this post.
Hugh Smith

K. Campbell

Hi Hugh,

Sorry for the late reply! I am not presently at my computer, and will not be until the middle of next week. I'll pick back up on my indoor writing then. As far as what I see..... I only see the image in my first screen shot post below. That would be General Midi and Sibelius 7 sounds. No matter what I click in the soundset drop down, it always lists those two items. Thank you, and I'm sorry for not being able to include a screen shot at the moment.

Kevin

Hugh Smith

Kevin, did you get this worked out?
Hugh Smith

K. Campbell

Hey Hugh,

I did not get this resolved yet, I apologize, but I have been out of town and not at my computer. What is my next step now that I am back?

Hugh Smith

What dll files do you have in the C:\Program Files\Avid\VSTPlugins folder? My guess right now is that you aren't using the correct plugin file in your Playback Configuration. Keep only the one that is about 38 MB or so, you can delete the other 2. Then go back into the Config settings and see if anything is different (a Sibelius restart may be necessary).
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Kevin, did you get this all sorted out?
Hugh Smith