Author
Topic: template -font

atom

hello

the template works fine

but the font in add or remove instrument are not ok .
even with original template !

1/ snap shoot
2 file .

thanks

atom

hello

in preferences i did note choose any  specific font

atom

manipulation

add or remove instrument window
choose from the  S7S  template 7.1a
wind 
i select  contrabss clarinet  > add to score >  [ its written as + contrabass clarinet ]
click ok
then come back in the window  [ add or remove instruments  ]
and this  time its written contrabass clarinet ~ s7s

atom

on the score      contrabass clarinet ~ S7S  [ is posted invisible correctly ]
with no problems the first time .

sorry for all those messages but i'm sure you did  understand .

Hugh Smith

Hi Atom

Is there a problem with the font, or how the text reads?

Before you add an instrument to the score, Sibelius displays the "Name in dialogs" name - when added to the right column, the "+" is added to the front of the text. Once it is in the score, it will show the "Full name in score" in the right column. This is standard Sibelius behavior.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

atom

*no there is no problems the font read well

*ha ! ok  !  i  did no it was standart behavior .

*simply its like the snap shoot
  the instruments names appears mutilpes time and the definitions of the template are absent .

i noticed the problem  when i EXPORTED  VIA >  FILE > MANUSCRIPT PAPER to " quick start "
  and it does not this at each export .
  then all the house style become corrupted and the exported manuscipt paper too , even as i said
  loaded  from the original s7s  template and saved with new name .

i did try to change the xml file too with no results .

if you think of something let me know .

thanks

Hugh Smith

Oh, I think I see what you're saying now.

When selecting instruments from Add/Remove, make sure the "Choose from" is NOT set to "All Instruments". If a single instrument definition is assigned to more than one Family, Sibelius will show you each Family occurrence in that particular list. This is also normal Sibelius behavior and can be ignored. (The XML file has no baring on this.)

Again, make sure the "Choose from" is not set to "All Instruments".

Hope that makes sense.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

atom

hello

* i recupered an own  house style from an old score
  so now when in  "  add or remove instrument  " i set to choose ALL INSTRUMENT  all is correct
  when i choose as you said to me from S7S  TEMPLATE
  i got regular sib 7 sound .   ex wind   picolo /alto flute / flute 1 /flute 2 /
  > file atom III  [ work in progress ]
> choose from ALL INSTRUMENT   double name .
   and  if i import my house style the screen turn black .
> file atom II
[ replacing an old  " yo housestyle " .

worked fine twice , the 3rd time got corrupted .

Hugh Smith

Hi Atom

atom III.sib: I'm not sure what you imported into this file, but the noteheads list has become corrupted. The S7S noteheads list should only go up to 63, but this one goes up to 64. This may not have a bad affect on things, but it could. See attached image. And you can compare this to other files also, if you want.

It also appears that this file contains the "S7S Library 7.1.2" instrument definitions. Again, it shouldn't be a problem, just telling you what I see.

atom II.sib: This file looks OK to me.

Atom, I guess I'm back to where I don't understand what trouble you're having. After you merge House Styles, what is the error/issue you see?
Hugh Smith

atom

hello

when i merged my house style
all the instrument in the window choose from add double name and not the ~ portato or ~ tenuto informations

i do not remember if the tempate s7s have this infos or not .

i tried  loading again from the orginal template S7S  and applyed my house style to answear precisly your questions
and all look  ok !  again !!!
in choose from the " all instrument have  the ~ portato or ~ tenuto informations
and the S7S template  i don't know  !  schould  the S7S template have thoses informations or not ? [  ~ portato or ~ tenuto informations ]   but there is none .

Hugh Smith

Quote from: atom on February 27, 2013, 04:23:38 PM
when i merged my house style
all the instrument in the window choose from add double name and not the ~ portato or ~ tenuto informations

i do not remember if the tempate s7s have this infos or not .

in choose from the " all instrument have  the ~ portato or ~ tenuto informations and the S7S template  i don't know!  should  the S7S template have thoses informations or not ? [  ~ portato or ~ tenuto informations ]   but there is none .

The S7S Template does NOT have the ~portato or ~tenuto information.

I highly recommend you select instruments from anything other than the "All Instruments" group.

Quote from: atom on February 27, 2013, 04:23:38 PM
i tried  loading again from the orginal template S7S  and applyed my house style to answear precisly your questions
and all look  ok !  again !!!

Great! Use that file, or Manuscript Paper, to start new projects with.

Also, if you send the file to my email, I'll take a look and double check it for you.

Hugh
Hugh Smith