Author
Topic: Can not see "VDL Template" in the Sibelius window

Hugh Smith

Read the instructions on page 9 of the Readme file and then get back if you still have questions.
Hugh Smith

arisfro

The video I watched at 3:47 says to click on a note and it will load...but mine didn't load. Also I don't have an option (video 2:53) for the sound sets in the Playback Devices menu. I have Kontakt player AU activated.

arisfro

I went to File Open (in sibelius) and went to the Playback devices folder and selected Sounds and chose the file .xml  When i clicked OK as shown in the last screen shot below, There was a loading box as if it was about to load then it shut down. SHould I even be doing this?

arisfro

Oops I didn't see you recent post. I just read from page 3 to Page 8. I stopped on the 64 bit vs 32 bit section. how do I find out that these are synced?

Hugh Smith

If it's not "synced", it won't show up in Sibelius.

Were you able to add instruments to the score from the "- VDL Template 7.0a" Ensemble?
Hugh Smith

arisfro

No. I didn't have that option.

Hugh Smith

Did you open a copy of the .sib template file? And did you read the instructions on page 9 of the Readme?
Hugh Smith

arisfro

I think a phone call would be great. This shouldn't take this long. I read page 9. When I go to "Choose from:" I don't have a file that says "VDL Template 7.0a" so I went to page 1 and read all the way up to page 8. Everything up until 8 seemed to be fine. On page 8 it talks about 64 bit and 32 bit. I asked you previously if this is an issue. But, right now the main issue is i don't have an option for VDL Template 7.0a in my Sibelius 7.5. How do I get that?

arisfro

here are the 2 places I have been able to find where a VDL template 7.0a should or could be and is not.

Hugh Smith

Inside the template package you downloaded, make a copy of the file I've indicated in the attached image below, rename it to "MyNewProject.sib". Now open that new file in Sibelius. You'll then have all the instrument definitions from VDL Template 7.0a.
Hugh Smith

arisfro

Just tried it and it didn't work. Is the icon supposed to visually change?

Hugh Smith

What exactly "didn't work"? And what do you mean by "is the icon supposed to visually change"?
Hugh Smith

arisfro

I copied the file and pasted it in the same folder. Then I went to Sibelius and the "MyNewProjects" did not show up

Hugh Smith

arisfro, you need to open the new .sib file in Sibelius. With Sibelius running - or not running, double-click the file.
Hugh Smith

arisfro

oops. ok i did it. This is what came up. Now I do trigger tests?