Author
Topic: Input Maps: Navigation / Octaves

lnzmoore

TWS edit: split topic

How bout this:
The input maps have those nifty hyperlinks that jump from the table of contents to the correct map. cool!
Let's have a "back to table of contents" button at each keymap.

...also, this may be me, but i can't wrap my head around which octave to use on my midi keyboard. Haven't really found an explanation of this and "octave 0 or octave -1" are meaningless to me. i use the maudio 4 octave for input.

Hugh Smith

Welcome to the forum, lnzmoore.

Quote from: lnzmoore on July 18, 2011, 09:52:44 AM
How bout this:
The input maps have those nifty hyperlinks that jump from the table of contents to the correct map. cool!
Let's have a "back to table of contents" button at each keymap.

...also, this may be me, but i can't wrap my head around which octave to use on my midi keyboard. Haven't really found an explanation of this and "octave 0 or octave -1" are meaningless to me. i use the maudio 4 octave for input.

Please reread the instructions page. Clicking on the title text of any input map will take you back to the Contents page.

The input maps are based on an M-Audio O2 25 key keyboard. Since your keyboard has four octaves (49 keys?), you'll need to experiment to figure out what adjustments are necessary. Once you have the system down, you'll find it will be consistent from one input map to another.

The O2 is all I have, so hopefully other 49 key MIDI keyboard users will chime in with their methods for doing this.

Late
Hugh
Hugh Smith