Author
Topic: Kontakt 4, Template 6, and Sibelius 7

nharbel

I just realized that I have been living in a cave for the last few years apparently. Up till recently I have been running Sibelius 5, Kontakt Player 2, and VDL 2.5.1. I just upgraded to Sibelius 7 and VDL 2.5.2 (I downloaded the VDL upgrade when it came out, but didn't get it loaded properly until tonight). I'm feeling like an idiot at this point. My questions are as follows: 1. Does anyone have Kontakt 4 they could send me (or know someplace that I can still get it)?, 2. Should I purchase the template for Sibelius 6 now or wait for the new one to come out?, 3. What are the differences between the available templates? Thanks in advance for answering my lame questions.
Dell Studio 17 Laptop - Intel i7 1.73 GHz, 8 GB RAM
MS Win 7 64-bit
Sibelius 7.5
VDL 2.5.5
Ableton Live 8
M-Audio Prokeys 88 keyboard

Hugh Smith

1. I'd try contacting Native Instruments for a Kontakt Player 4 installer, or maybe see if you can receive further assistance from Tapspace by submitting a support ticket there.

3. VDL Template 5.2.5 supports library version 2.5.1. VDL Template 6.0b supports library version 2.5.2. Aside from more instruments being defined in the 6.0b template for the 2.5.2 library, there are alternate mappings for snarelines, input maps (similar to the keymaps, but customized for use with the template within Sibelius) with input variables (additional writing options for various sounds).

2, If you're using and otherwise getting by with the 5.2.5 template, you can probably go ahead and wait until the 7.0 version has been completed. Both of the currently available VDL templates will work in Sib 7.

Let us know if you still have a question.
Hugh Smith