Here are the steps for correcting this problem. With the template (or the file you're working with) open:
1. from the Window drop down menu select Instrument List
2. scroll to the staff in question and check that Concert Band Combo is selected in the Percussion MIDI Map column
3. close the Instrument List dialog box and switch to the Staff Tool
4. from the Staff Menu select "Edit Staff Attributes" and set Staff Attributes For: to the staff using the Concert Band Combo
5. click the Select button next to "Notation Style: Percussion"
6. you should see the list of Percussion Layouts for VDL and the Concert Band Combo should be highlighted, if it's not scroll to it and click on it
7. click the Edit button in the lower left corner and the Percussion Layout Designer window appears
8. on the left side of the window scroll about half way down and you should find the Suspended Cymbals, they're just after the Triangles
9. select the second Note Type "Suspended Cymbal FAT Choke w/mallet and from the right side of the window under Note Definition for Note Type click the menu and follow the path until you see the various Note Type descriptions
10. switch the Note Type to "Suspended Cymbal SHORT Choke w/mallet"
11. repeat steps 9-10 for the 4th suspended cymbal note type in the left column using the Note Type "Suspended Cymbal SHORT Choke w/stick"
Sorry for the inconvenience. The issue was with incorrect Note Types in the Layout Designer. Let us know if this fixes the issue or if you have any further questions.
Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths