Author
Topic: Sibelius 7.0.3 and Kontakt Player 5.0.1 - OSX 10.7.2

gbass598

Ok,

with the new upgrades in Sibelius, it now recognizes that Kontakt PLayer 5 exists. However, the sibelius 6.0b soundset xml file is not recognized. Kontakt 4 recognizes it, but kontakt 5 does not.

Do I need to paste the .xml file into a different location on a Macbook Pro?
Sibelius 7.1.3
VDL 2.5.5
Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Hugh Smith

Hi Greg

Since 7.0.3 is just out, I haven't had any time with it yet. I'll poke around as soon as I can and let everyone know what I find.

I do know that the XML file does NOT need to be copied or moved to a different location though, so you should be good on that part.

Late
Hugh
Hugh Smith

gbass598

Any new thoughts on getting this up and running now that Sibelius 7.1 is out now. It is supposed to supports Kontakt 5 now however I still don't see the MusicXML file for the VDL soundset 6.0b appearing under Kontakt 5.

I still have the set up for Kontakt 4 showing it is available but Kontakt 5 does not show it.
Sibelius 7.1.3
VDL 2.5.5
Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Hugh Smith

Huh, that's weird, Greg. I'm not having that issue here. Can you post some screen shots of your Playback Configuration? I have an idea of what the issue may be.
Hugh Smith

gbass598

Ok,

It is there today to pick from. Either I accidentally scanned over it in the large list of sound sets last night or the fresh reboot this morning rectified it after I completed the install.

Regardless, the soundset does now appear for the Kontakt 5 player.

Thanks,

Greg
Sibelius 7.1.3
VDL 2.5.5
Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Hugh Smith

Glad I could help. ;D
Hugh Smith