Author
Topic: Release date for VDL Template 7.0?

Key Poulan

Hi Hugh,

I've been a big fan and user of your templates for years!  I just joined and look forward to being up to date with your work.  Do you have an approximate release date for the release of the Sib 7.1 Template?  I have the software and I'm ready to make the jump but figured that I would wait for your "official" Sib 7 template to be released.  Thoughts?

Key

TWS edit: split topic

Hugh Smith

Welcome to the forum, Key! It's always nice to hear when people appreciate the fruits of your labors. Thank you.

I was hoping to have it done last week, but there have been a few delays in getting it finished up - just the nature of what's involved in producing these. From what I can tell right now, looks like the second week of January.

Be assured that I'll let everyone know when it's all ready to go.

Late
Hugh
Hugh Smith

Key Poulan

Thank you so much!  I always get nervous upgrading as I did it too soon with Sib 5!  I like things to simmer a bit first.

Key

Hugh Smith

Quote from: Key Poulan on January 01, 2012, 04:25:59 PM
I always get nervous upgrading as I did it too soon with Sib 5! 

Aah, yes.  I remember that. ;)
Hugh Smith

dtdrum4485

I, too, am eagerly awaiting this update. I'm currently still running the 6.0a template though I'm now in 7.1. Unlike my wise friend, Mr. Poulan, I foolishly upgraded before the template. Most of it still works, but a few bugs I'm hoping will get fixed by your new template! Hope it's coming soon, I think I've now used 4 or 5 of your templates back from Tapspace and now from Write Score. Keep up the great work!

--
Michael Wyatt

Hugh Smith

Quote from: dtdrum4485 on January 12, 2012, 03:21:57 PM
... but a few bugs I'm hoping will get fixed by your new template!

Hi Michael, welcome to the forum!

Can you please elaborate on the "bugs" you're referring to?

Hugh Smith

dtdrum4485

Actually, reading through some FAQ's I realized I made a mistake when I upgraded to Lion and Sib 7 the same week, and that's why I was getting the bugs. I believe I just fixed them. Among them were the 18" Sus Cym sounding like a castanet, but like I said, I saw something I was doing wrong. User error!

The only thing that consistently bothers me is what I just posted in the "suggestions" forum, which as far as I know is more of a Sibelius issue than a "template" issue, so I don't even know if you CAN fix it. (Showing key signature when switching to a pitched instrument on the staff of what was previous a non-pitched percussion instrument). I also wish there was a way to playback ripple rolls. That's pretty much it for me. If I come across any other "bugs" though, I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Hugh Smith

Ah, OK. Good. I was hoping that I wasn't going to have to push the pending release back any further to fix something. As far as I know, all the quirkiness there is between the various software elements is out of my control.

I can't remember where I saw it, but you are correct about the pitched/unpitched key signature thingy. Thanks for putting it on the requests list. At some point in the future I'll be compiling that to send to Sibelius.

Hugh
Hugh Smith