Author
Topic: Can TapSpace 2011 templates work with 2012 finale Mac?

ocedeno

I am tired of waiting so long for these templates. Now I know I am ignorant on how these templates are created and such, but I have a fear that eventually Finale 2013 will be out before the 2012 TapSpace templates are out. Could I use the templates for 2011? Would they work on 2012. I am on an iMac (purchased fall 2011) and everything is updated and the latest version of everything.

The Write Score

Sorry for the delay in getting VDL Template 2012 released. The developer is working as fast as he can to complete it.

You can use VDL Template 2011 within Finale 2012. Since Finale 2012 did incorporate some changes that affect this template, you may need to overcome a couple of setup issues. After that, you should be fine. (You can find some of that information on this forum, as well as the Tapspace forum. Or ask questions here.)

TWS

ocedeno

Thank you for the fast response.

ocedeno

I can't seem to import any audio into the music. I try and find the instrument I want, and then look for Kontact Player. Then it highlights in red "Edit Player" and when I select the sound and place it in the right channel I still get nothing. Not any audio at all. And I don't know where to even begin about getting the correct maps for each sound. Any ideas?

Hugh Smith

Hi ocedeno

Did you read Ted's response to this identical post you made on the Tapspace site?
Hugh Smith

ocedeno

I did. The problem I am having is regarding the percussion midi maps. I have done everything TapSpace's instructions said, and then I did everything everyone else has said. I can hear the sounds through the Kontact Players but I just can't get the sound on Finale 2012.