Author
Topic: Sampled rolls fp?

Dormusic

Hello
I might just buy this new set for finale 2012a, and I have a question:
Since the VDL instruments are mapped to both Velocity AND CC#11, finale just can't control the instruments for some reason, and of course, the only way to get correctly sounding fp, cresc. or dim. is though arguous editing via the midi key. not to mention the fact that a whole dynamic range is disregarded, essentialy.
Does this actually get finale to play back sampled rolls fp correctly? can it control them via cc#11 just like a wind instrument?

Is there a way around this? can I change the mapping in VDL, or is there a special patent you've been working on to get this to work?

TBoliske

The current version of VDL now has a fp roll included in the snareline instruments. Understand also, the templates are a product for working with the VDL library.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

Dormusic

I fully understand that this is a template only (a very valuable tool). I will make my question clear: Does the template include the necessary files to make finale use of the expression (CC#11) controller and propperly execute cresc. and dim. rolls?

EDIT:
I forgot to update my VDL library, that might be the problem.

TBoliske

1. No the templates do not include those expression controls. Have you looked at Human Playback?

2. Updating your VDL Library would be advisable.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths