Author
Topic: Serial Number Locked (VDL)

drumzx

TWS edit: topic title

Hello Hugh,

I am trying to recover from the death of my previous desktop and workikng on reloading all of the separate softwares to run Sibelius, VDL and Kontakt 5.  Yesterday, I was working on loading 2.5.5 into Kontakt 5 and successfully added the VDL library.  I tried to activate it following the prompts so it asks for my VDL serial number (from my 2.5 upgrade case I am presuming) which I entered.  After entering the serial number, it tells me "the serial number is correct".  But when I go to activate it from there, it gives me this: "Error 1005:  The serial number is locked."  I have tried it several times and as you'd guess, without any success (yes, I'm of the mindset that if I keep trying, I'm sure I'll wear the computer down. . .).

I am not sure where I go to unlock it or what the next step would be.

Thanks,
Steve
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

Bill

You tried activating it through the NI Service Center with no success?

If that's the case, you'll need to contact Tapspace, info@tapspace.com, and possibly NI.  Start with Tapspace though.

drumzx

No, I have a problem with the Service Center also.  Every time I try to start Service Center, the program tells me something like "Service Center has stopped working.  A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." 

Nothing ever comes of that message.  I close it, uninstall it, reload it. . .nothing changes with regards to the Service Center problem.
Windows 11
32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)
System Type: 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
Kontakt 6
VDL 2.5.5

The Write Score

Steve, this is something we're not going to be able to help you with, other than to recommend you follow Bill's suggestion and contact Tapspace before NI.

TWS