Author
Topic: having issues from the start

vitada

Ted,

I sure will. This has been related to some Finale 2012b issues I have been experiencing. To clear up some "crash" issues I had (with the blessing of Finale Tech Support) deleted my preference files. What I SHOULD have realized was that this could also lead to some of my preferences within the scoremanager "falling off." As a result, in the "customize" part of the scoremanager, the percussion MIDI map selection was no longer checked. This all gets back to learning to think differently due to the core set-up changing in Finale. Overall, I like the concept of the scoremanager much better - yet I believe that it will ultimate benefit from further refinement.

On a related thought, I am thinking that in the next iteration of documentation for the VDL Template for Finale, more emphasis on what you shouldn't have to do (such as load libraries) might be helpful. I know it is mentioned, but I think the temptation for the end user when something goes wrong is to just start loading stuff (in this case ME <laugh>) etc. So maybe a brief "trouble shooting" page? Just a thought.

Thanks for responding Ted.

David

TBoliske

A troubleshooting section is a good idea. Up to this point, troubleshooting in the documentation has been to look at Finale help. If you would, as time permits, write down what you think could be considered basic troubleshooting areas. Things like the issue in this thread, "How do I find the Percussion MIDI Maps column?"
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths