Author
Topic: Not all wind / brass instruments playing back

Mr_Bowe

TWS edit: split topic

I am still having the issue...the root issue here is that when I am using band instruments within my Sibelius template for VDL, for some reason, the Sibelius sounds Bb Tuba patch is not playing back, which is affecting both the baritone horn and tuba staves. I started a new score, and at first, it was trying to play the tuba sound...only the the notes from the & of 3 of the first bar onward would play (and respond to clicking) - beats 1-3 would not respond. Then, they would play back if they had no articulations on them, but once I put back the articulations, they would not play. I tried saving and restarting Sibelius, and now they will not play back at all. This isn't so much of a VDL problem; I don't even have VDL instruments added to the score yet. I am going to attempt to see if re-installing the Sibelius 7 Sounds will fix the issue. There was an update recently which may be the cause.
Justin Bowe
Percussion Caption Head, Logan High School (Logan, WV)
Marshall University School of Music, undergraduate.
13" MacBook Pro
Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 10.6.8
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB RAM, 1333 MHz DDR3
VDL2.5.5 (plugin)
Kontakt Player 5
Sibelius 7.1.2
Sibelius VDL Template 7.0a

Hugh Smith

Quote from: Mr_Bowe on July 10, 2012, 02:03:01 PM
I am going to attempt to see if re-installing the Sibelius 7 Sounds will fix the issue. There was an update recently which may be the cause.

Keep me informed.
Hugh Smith

RSGoodwin

Was there ever any resolution to this problem of the tuba and baritone parts not playing back (or playing back only under certain articulation conditions, or otherwise intermittently)?

I have the following setup:
Mac OSX 10.8.3
Sibelius 7.1.3 (just updated from 7.1.2)
Sibelius Sounds 7.1.2 (am re-installing just in case)
A playback configuration that uses both Sibelius Sounds Player and Kontakt 5 (with VDL Soundset 7.0a loaded)

Would love to figure out what's going on and hopefully fix it.

Hugh Smith

Hmm... I can't recall either way. What I think I do remember was Mr Bowe posting on the Sibelius chat addressing the issue. Again, don't recall what the outcome of that conversation was. Link to: Sibelius chat.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

jwillis

TWS Edit: removed .sib Template file.

Has anyone found any resolution to this issue? I have the exact same thing happening. In full band scores using the template, some low brass parts (baritone, tuba specifically), the piano and, weirdly enough, some articulations in the Mellophone part won't playback. The Mixer is getting the signal but no sound. It happens when I create a new score using the template or open old scores where all the parts used to play back perfectly. To my knowledge, nothing is different about my set-up from when I opened the same scores last marching band season and everything worked. I have attached the score I am getting started on. I haven't really begun writing percussion, just plunked in some chords here and there to test sounds.

Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Jesse

Mac OSX
2.4 Ghz Intel core duo 2
Sibelius 7.1.3
VDL 2.5
Write Score template 7.0a

Hugh Smith

Hi Jesse

I did get the file downloaded so you don't have to send it to me. **

Is the library you're using all up to date? And/or have you tried reinstalling?

** TWS does not allow attachments of Template files since this is a "public" forum and is in turn a violation of the Licensing Agreement(s).
Hugh Smith