Author
Topic: VDL 2.5 and Sibelius 7 (Soundset Issues)

guntherrox

Okay I will try my best to be as clear as possible.

I have:
-VDL 2.5
-Kontakt 5
-Sibelius 7 (64-bit)
-Sib_VDL_Template_6.0a (From the write score, which is said to work in sib 7 aswell)
-Windows 7 (64-bit)

My problem:
-I can't get the Virtual Drumline 2.5 or VDL_SoundSet_6.0a soundsets to show up.

-I do have Kontakt 5 as my active device (VST) with a limited amount of soundsets available (not including VDL).
-The template .XML files are in the correct folder (C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Avid\Sibelius 7\Sounds) along with a bunch of other .XML soundsets that don't show up.
-What confuses me is why a select few soundsets show up and I want to know how to get Virtual drumline to be one of those.
-Also, isn't there supposed to be a built in modified version of virtual drumline that comes with Sib 7?

My active devices:

My Sound's folder with the .XML soundsets:

I'm not really sure what to do at this point and would appreciate any advice. Thank you!

Hugh Smith

Sibelius 7 needs to be able to see Kontakt Player as a Kontakt device Type, not a VST. In order to do so, you need to be running Sibelius 7.1.0 or 7.1.2.

I looks like the rest of the setup is good, just update to Sib 7.1.0 or later and you should be golden.
Hugh Smith