Author
Topic: VDL Instruments missing in Percussion Layout

pourchon

HI,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to go.  I have Finale 2012, mac 10.8.2, VDL 2.5.5, Kontakt 5, and the Write Score 2012a.1 templates. 

When I go to the Percussion Layout Selection box in Finale, there are no VDL instruments in there, just the standard Finale instruments.  When I was running Finale 2011, there were a bunch of VDL instruments in there.  I am not able to get any of the VDL percussion instruments to work (all the melodic instruments work fine though). 

One thing I did notice that is different from the 2011 templates to the 2012 templates is that in the FIN12_VDL255 Percussion Library folder, there is only a FIN12-VDL255 Percussion Library file and it is an Unix Executable File.  In the 2011 Library, there were 3 Finale Library Files.

Is that the issue?  I have reinstalled it several times, following the instructions very closely and nothing has worked.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Nick

TBoliske

Nick,

You should not see this situation if you are using one of the Finale template files. I would suggest you also review the ReadMe file. This explains why there is now only the single Library file. If you use one of the template files, the Library is already loaded into the document. As for installing/reinstalling, you really only need to copy/paste files to their correct locations. Let me know if this helps to clarify things. If you have any additional questions please let me know.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths