Author
Topic: Sibelius Templates: Feature Suggestions

The Write Score

Use this thread for posting what features you would like to see in future versions of Sibelius templates.

Even though there may be limitations within the writing environment as to what can be done, don't let that limit you as to what software features you would like to have implemented. Having a collective voice can be a great way to get very useful features added to newer versions of the software.

Hugh Smith

I have one.

During note input with a MIDI keyboard, it would be nice to have the option to have Sibelius automatically insert any assigned articulations along with the notehead. This could be implemented through a checkbox in one of the dialogs somewhere.

Or better yet, on a sound by sound basis. (In the Edit Instruments > Edit Instrument > Percussion (tab) dialog.)
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

The ability to control articulation positioning on an individual basis, as opposed to a global setting.
Hugh Smith

Joe

Quote from: chznvrt on June 24, 2011, 06:48:22 PM
I have one.

During note input with a MIDI keyboard, it would be nice to have the option to have Sibelius automatically insert any assigned articulations along with the notehead. This could be implemented through a checkbox in one of the dialogs somewhere.

Or better yet, on a sound by sound basis. (In the Edit Instruments > Edit Instrument > Percussion (tab) dialog.)
To further refine this request, it would also be nice if, when an articulation was entered, it could be automatically hidden from the start. This would be useful for situations where articulations are necessary for unique mappings, but the arranger/composer typically wouldn't want the articulations to display in the score.

Joe

Also, it would be nice if certain instruments could be limited to a certain range. Right now, Sibelius will allow a note entry that is out-of-range, and will color it red. It would be useful, especially for VDL battery instruments that are being entered via computer keyboard (i.e. F,A,C,E,G for 5-drum tenors), if there was an option to force note entry to a certain staff range. That way one, could, for example, enter a tenor spock note with the "G" key and then enter a drum 2 note with the "A" key without having to make an octave adjustment.

dtdrum4485

Upon on instrument change from a non-pitched percussion instrument to a pitched percussion instrument (i.e. SusCym to Marimba), show the key signature. (It appears to be in C - or atonal - until the start of the next line, when the "courtesy" key signature appears.)

Bill

Wow, literally every one of those requests are Sibelius limitations, not template limitations.