Author
Topic: VDL Stickings Playback

Ryu867

So recently the right hand/left hand playback hasn't been working properly.  I use the VDL Template 7.0a for Sibelius 7 from The Write Score, load the manual instruments, and then pray it works.  It's inconsistent, sometimes I can get the r.h./l.h. playback in one section but not the other.  Other times the different hand sounds will play back through part of the piece, and then stop, at which point all notes playback as a right hand sound.  Thanks to anyone who can help.

- Josh

I am using.....
Macbook Pro OS X 10.6.8
Sibelius 7.1.3
Virtual Drumline 2.5.5.
The Write Score VDL Sibelius Template 7.0a
Kontakt 5

Hugh Smith

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum.

You say "recently", as in it worked properly before? Can you send me the file in question? (Sent you a PM.)

Also, please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Hi Josh

I listened to the file you sent me and I did not hear/see any problems during playback. I did however see some corruptedness in the SnareLine mapping - though it doesn't appear those are causing problems on playback. To fix this, go to Home > Instruments > Edit Instruments > - VDL Template 7.0a > Drumline Battery > SnareLine Manual. Click Edit Instrument. Click Edit Staff Type. Delete the four notes per the attached image.

Can I assume you have at least 3 instances of KP/VDL activated? Which sound set do you have assigned? Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.

Oh, exactly which bars are you seeing/hearing incorrect R/L playback?

Hugh
Hugh Smith

Ryu867

Hi Hugh,

I attached the playback configuration.  The "SnareLine" staff plays back everything fine until measure 146, at that point the L.H. note head plays back as a R.H.  Also, the "TenorLine" L.H. note head plays back as a R.H. throughout the entire score. 

I did go back and delete those extra notes in the Snare staff.  I'm not really sure how those got there.  Thanks again for your help.

- Josh

Hugh Smith

In your Playback Configuration, it is recommended that Mac users go with the AU version of Kontakt Player instead of the VST version. (Swap out the bottom 3 instances.)

Sibelius added those to the mapping - not a huge deal unless there are a lot more than what you had.

SnareLine: in bars 134 and 137, uncheck the Play on pass boxes in the Inspector for the Staff Text items.

TenorLine: in bars 8 and 19, uncheck Play on pass for the "L ..." text.

That should get it.

Hugh
Hugh Smith