Sorry for the delay in responding.
Are you wanting to change the staff for the entire piece or do wish to have a mid-score instrument change?
If you want a mid-score use the following steps:
1. with the Selection Tool highlight those measures involved in the instrument change (you should be able to click and drag over those measures)
2. go to the Utilities Tool and select Change Instrument
3. select from Pitched Percussion 'Chimes'
4. ignore the message about percussion layouts and maps
5. in the Score Manager window, click on the triangle next to the staff name (in this instance it would be Percussion 1)
6. you should see the different layers for the staff and after Expressions is the Chimes instrument
7. by default Finale will assign the Chimes found in the included Garritan library so you will need to change the playback device to Kontakt or a Kontakt Player then load the VDL Chimes of your choice.
It appears as though you have done these steps with the possible exception of #7. So I'm uncertain why you see the transposition issue.
Let me know if this helps solve the issue. Or, if you have any further questions.
iMac i7, OS 10.8, 10.9, W7
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14
Kontakt 4-5, various other soft synths