Author
Topic: File Not Found (VDL)

sklermbot

I scanned a score into Sibelius using photoscore lite.  The exported score from Photoscore came over with a GM playback device configuration.  I changed it to VDL (that house style is already merged).  I was having trouble with my playback so I went to the mixer and changed a few patches in Kontakt to accurately reflect the score and it seems to have messed me up.  I'm now getting a File Not Found dialogue when there never was one before.  

Help me please!

sklermbot

This is happening across a few different scores.  What's interesting is that the sounds seem to be playing back just fine, but every time I try to start the playback, or even click on a note that should have playback (across several different staves) that the dialogue box saying file not found pops up.  Really annoying. I have to click on the OK button, and then the sound plays back.  Weird.

Hugh Smith

You'll need to try attaching another image of the error message, the first one has a problem.
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

Here is an updated version.  Waiting on Murray to send me 2.5.5 so I can get those tenor shots.  Hopefully when I install that fresh then I'll be up and running smoothly.  (finally)

sklermbot

After the fresh install of 2.5.5 I'm not seeing the file not found message.  At least not yet. 

I am having trouble with the 'Dread' playback in the snareline.  The notes enter correctly, and the sound is correct on entry, but when I play them back, or click on the noteheads after they have been entered, I get a regular old snare drum hit sound.

Any ideas?

Hugh Smith

Two things to check:

1) Do the dread notes in the score trigger the correct keys? Visually verify in Kontakt Player.
2) Test your setup by opening and playing back the SnareLines TriggerTest file. What are the results?

Please attach a screen shot of your playback configuration.
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

They trigger correctly on screen when I play them in, but not when I click on the notes, during playback or when I advance them with my cursor keys. 

The SnareLine Trigger test seems to be working. 

Here is my Screen shot

Hugh Smith

Hi Ben

OK, if the TriggerTest works correctly, then there's most likely something wrong in the file. Can you send it to me? (Sent you a PM.)

Oh, and the playback configuration looks good.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

Hi Ben

The problem lies in measure 22 with the Staff Text that's been entered. With the text selected, uncheck the Play On Pass boxes (Home > Inspector) and you'll be good to go. And remember, Staff Text entries that have items in the Dictionary can effect the playback, as you've noticed here. Just uncheck the play on pass stuff and you can still put whatever you'd like.

Hugh
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

Thanks man! 

Another weird thing.  As I enter Glockenspiel notes into that same score, they are sounding 2 octaves below where they are written on the score, and the notes that I write in the staff aren't making sound.  Notes that I write above the staff make sound, but soon they are in 'the red zone' out of the playing zone of the instrument.

Thanks in advance for the help!