Author
Topic: Glockenspiel Range

sklermbot

The glockenspiel patches seem to have issues with their range.  I have to play the highest F on the staff to even get the playback to sound, and then it is the lowest note on the instrument.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hugh Smith

Are you sure you're using one of the Glocks from the VDL Template instrument ensemble?
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

I am using a glock from the VDL template. I've tried a few of them and they are all doing the same thing.  The problem is in the same sib file i've sent you already.

Hugh Smith

It's working correctly for me, even in your file. What are you using for input? Screenshots?
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

I have used both the computer keyboard as well as my nanokey (v1)

This has happened across several different files, and I am yet to achieve success with the glock range. 

Hugh Smith

Hi Ben

When you open the Edit Instrument dialog for one or all of the Glocks, can you confirm that the ranges and transposition settings match the image I've attached?
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

It looks the same to me.  Attached is my screen shot from the edit instrument dialogue.

Hugh Smith

No, it is different. The Best Sound should not be "unallocated". What sound set do you have assigned to your instance(s) of VDL?
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

VDL sound set 7.0a.  I tried changing the 'best sound' to the Med. Plastic glock, and it's still having the same range issue.

Hugh Smith

Hmm... There appears to something else going on. Please attach a screen shot of the Ensemble list. (See example I've attached.)
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

Here it is.  Thanks.

Hugh Smith

I thought maybe that two versions of the VDL Template might have been merged together (which is not a good idea), but it doesn't look like that's the case from the image.

Can you send me another problem .sib file that shows the Glock range problem? I just realized that you're running Sib 6 and I'm not sure I was looking at things in the correct environment.

Oh, and to double check, you're using 2 instances of KP4 for VDL and Sibelius Player with Essentials?
Hugh Smith

sklermbot

I'm actually using kontakt 4 (the full version).  I'm going to see if I can fix it in there.  I am in Sib 6 and I should have reiterated that. 

You might not still have it, but the score that I sent you before was/is having the same issue.

sklermbot

For whatever reason, my score is defaulting to Sibelius player for the glock range. 

Could this have something to do with my having the full version of Kontakt?

SS included

sklermbot

Hugh,
I seem to have it working.  I think it had to do with the assignment of the glock to Sib player instead of to Kontakt.  I don't have any idea why it did this. 

I went into the mixer and found the glock patch in kontakt and then assigned it through the mixer output area.  Seems to be working ok now.

Anywho, thanks!