Author
Topic: Sibelius Sounds Template

Houston Youngman

Really quick question, to use the Sibelius 7 sounds correctly, I would have to purchase your other template, correct?

And, is it possible to use both templates in the same score if I purchase both templates? Because, I know there is a template score you have to open to access the XML file. I was wondering if there was a way to use both. I feel like I should've bought the bundle..
I am running macOS Sierra on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sibelius 8.5 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

Quote from: Houston Youngman on June 28, 2013, 01:19:05 PM
Really quick question, to use the Sibelius 7 sounds correctly, I would have to purchase your other template, correct?

No. You can use the default instruments with the "Sibelius 7 Sounds" (or lite) sound set assigned to Sibelius Player. However... using some of the Sibelius 7 Sounds unpitched instruments may pose a challenge unless you know how to set them up.

Quote from: Houston Youngman on June 28, 2013, 01:19:05 PM
And, is it possible to use both templates in the same score if I purchase both templates? Because, I know there is a template score you have to open to access the XML file. I was wondering if there was a way to use both. I feel like I should've bought the bundle..

Yes. You can "merge" them together yourself, or you can request a .sib file through the main site that's already got it done for you. Appendix D of the Readme covers the merging process.
Hugh Smith

Houston Youngman

1. I actually do not know how to set them up. Is that what the template is for? Also, there are the normal Sibelius Sounds, but the XML file that you download from sibelius.com/sibelius7sounds, what is that? Is that a different library?

2. I can't use that merged file without the other template though, correct?
I am running macOS Sierra on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sibelius 8.5 and Virtual Drumline 2.5.5

Houston Youngman

Hugh Smith

1. That's OK, most people don't. And yes, that's why I made the template - has it all done for you.

The XML file labeled "S7S_Library_7.1.2.xml" is to be used in conjunction with the SIB file labeled "S7S_Library_7.1.2.sib". These work together to be able to sample the S7S sounds, and should only be used for doing just that (don't use them for actual writing projects). Have you downloaded/read the PDF file that's on that page?

2. Correct.
Hugh Smith

Houston Youngman

Alright, let's see if I can get this straight:

The sound set on the Sib. website is used for sampling sounds, and not writing with them, and the sounds that appear when a normal score is opened are the sounds that the template organizes for me? Eh, I think I have something wrong here, I apologize.

Houston Youngman