Author
Topic: Include sticking in manual input

sklermbot

It would be great if an R or L was included automagically when I took the time to input the sticking during entry.  Even better, make it an upper case letter for an accent, and lower case for unaccented. 

Just an idea!  Thanks for the awesome product. 

Hugh Smith

You're welcome, always happy to get positive feedback. :)

That functionality would be nice, wouldn't it? However, the only way I know of to make that happen during input would be to create a Sibelius plug-in that would do so. I can't remember for sure, but there might be one that can add those types of items afterwards. Check on the Tapspace forum, or see what Google has to say about it.
Hugh Smith

Joe

There was an auto-sticking plugin that worked with Sibelius 5/6 and template version 5, but it was never updated for template version 6/6a/6b/7/7a or Sibelius 7. It worked by detecting the notehead type and adding lyric text for stickings, and had options including capitalized letters for accents.

Hugh Smith

I kind of thought so, Joe. Do you know where to find it?
Hugh Smith

Joe

Hugh,

Here is the discussion: https://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=3032.msg

The link is dead, though, and I don't seem to have a copy (normally I keep this stuff, but I may have gotten rid of it because it was defunct). I bet someone in the community could get you a copy, though.

This was a hugely useful plugin, but worked by detecting notehead types. With the addition of input variables in template versions 6 and 7 I'm not sure it would work too well even if modified, but it's certainly worth investigating.

Hugh Smith

Oh, that's right, Josh did that.

I know I'm not going to have time to work with it, but I thought maybe someone else could pick it up. If we can find/get a copy of it I'll definitely get the word out.
Hugh Smith