Author
Topic: Adding Additional Auxiliary Instruments

kjjohnson20

To whom it may concern,

I recently read through the step by step process to add additional staves to a Battery/Front Ensemble Score, Rack A Combo, and the instructions were unsuccessful in solving the problem.

After following the steps (http://www.tapspace.com/support/FAQ/index.php?action=article&cat=13&id=21&artlang=en), the Percussion Key Map does not show up correctly on the staff. It's missing both the correct note heads, and does not show up in the right position on the staff, which should be defined by the key map.

Could someone help me fix this problem so that Concert Bass Drum hits don't show up 6 ledger lines below the treble clef?

Your help is greatly appreciated, and if there is anything I can post to help understand where I'm at, just let me know!

Sincerely,

Kyle Johnson

TBoliske

Kyle,

It will be easier to assist you in solving this problem if I know which version of Finale and Finale templates you are using currently.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

kjjohnson20

I'm sorry! I knew I was missing something from that note!

System: Macbook Pro 10.7.5
Notation Software: Finale 2009
Template: VDL2.5_Finale 09_outdoor template 2

TBoliske

Kyle,

I no longer have Finale 2009 installed on my computer. However, once you've added the additional staff you will need to assign the percussion map from within the Staff Tool > Edit Staff Attributes. Set the notation style to Percussion and using the button next to this option, select the VD: percussion map for the instrument assigned to that staff.

As mentioned above, I no longer use Finale 2009 but you may need to select the percussion map from within the Instrument List as well. I'd suggest consulting the Finale Help as well as relying on my bad memory.

Let me know if there are any more questions.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths