Author
Topic: Please Help Me, I don't know what I'm doing.........

Maestro

Hello Everyone!
Well, I just downloaded and installed VDL 2.5.5 and I'm super flustered in installing this software because I honestly have no idea what everyone keeps on talking about [pardon my incompetency].
I'd like to know these basic questions--

• How do I get the files that I just downloaded from VDL into Finale?
  • How do I get these files to playback into Finale?
Currently, the VDL files that I downloaded are in my Documents folder. I'm using Mac 10.8.4.
I honestly just want to be able to use these files in Finale [I'm a composer] and I just really really really need help. Anything/everything is appreciated.
-Niko

TBoliske

Niko,

With regards to to the installation of Virtual Drum Line, consult with the documentation in the VDL folder. The Getting Started guide is the first place to start. It provides information on registering VDL, installing Kontakt or the Kontakt Player, etc. Then, take some time to look around The Write Score site. It will give you a better understanding of how to use VDL with Finale via template files created specifically for both programs. Questions specific to VDL should be posted in the Tapspace forums.

When posting questions, please include information about your computer and the version of Finale being used.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths