Author
Topic: Setting up the template

jjpipit1

I have a power MAC System 10.7.5, VDL 2.5.5, Finale 2012c.r13 and Kontakt 5.  I have also just purchased the Write score template for Finale 2012 and VDL 2.5.5.  So, in the template, Why does Kontakt 4 show up as the default player when I have Kontakt 5?  Do I have to  manually change to Kontakt 5, manually load the sound in edit player, manually change the channel to correspond with the sound and manually load the correct midi map every time for every instrument?  Or can I do that once in the template and be done with it?  Thanks for the help in advance

TBoliske

Kontakt 4 appears as the default playback device because at the time VDL 2.5.5 was released it was the most common version of the player available.

To answer your questions:

Yes you will need to manually set KP5 for playback and load the sounds.

If you load the sounds in the same order as displayed, there should be no need to change midi channels. to make sure though, set KP5 within the Audio/MIDI menu prior to viewing it within the Score Manager.

No, you would not need to do this every time. Only once for the file you are working on. And, if you do this prior to working on a score, save the blank template file to the same folder within the Templates folder, you will not need to repeat the process with every new score which uses the same set up. You may choose to use the same or a new file name for the template.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths