Author
Topic: Need help with midi mapping, still displays actual midi note on score(in orange)

leenus

I have all the recent upgrades (I think)...Finale 12c.r.13, VDL 2.5.5, NI Kontakt 5, TWS updated VDL template 2012a.1, running on a Macbook Pro v.10.9
I have until recently been using Finale 2010, VDL 2.5 with no problems. I have only had these recent issues with Finale 11 & 12.

I have followed all the steps as far as installation and everything seems to be in order, sounds are there and everything plays back,
BUT my only issue so far is that when I input notes on the score, it displays the actual midi note (?), they're orange, and not on the staff position that is mapped...(i.e. snare R/L/R/L_shot-shot is on the F, A line above staff)

I've tried the score manager, Perc Midi Map, everything seems to be right but appears that I am missing a step or something...any help is greatly appreciated...Thank you!!!

TBoliske

Lee,

See my response on the Tapspace forums.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

sonordrum

Hi guys,
I'm looking for some help on this too but not sure where exactly to look.  Using a template of an old score which worked fine, now, nothing.  Seems all I really do in life is fix things.  I believe I had a very similar problem last year, but unable to make this work again.

Notes playing fine, just not notating correctly.  I can't find anything out of the ordinary though.  I made a short video to show you what's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuLRkSBtFJY

thank you!

Kent

TBoliske

Kent,

See my reply in the Tapspace forums.
Ted Boliske

sonordrum

Link to tapspace reply fix...
https://www.tapspace.com/forums/index.php?topic=4713.0

Ted, you rock. thanks!  That totally worked.  The merge must've killed it.  I opened a earlier template of a basic VDL2.5 battery score, and as soon as it opened it said it couldn't find Kontakt.  Thought that was weird.  Then noticed it was looking for Kontakt 4, I have 5 from Komplete9 Ultimate now so was thinking maybe this freaked out my new score. 

Anyway, thank you for getting back to me so quickly too.  Deadlines looming I was freaking out a little!!! I always appreciate knowing how to fix things and that means I appreciate YOU!

sonordrum

Hi Ted, I sent you a message via VDL forum.  Having a similar issue as before but now it makes LESS sense.  Attached video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX9T1gdU2zo

Now I have to also say that when I last used this to write music in March, every worked perfectly.  I walk away form the program for 2 months and all hell breaks loose.  This is VERY damn common with Finale and me.  I don't change ANYTHING and things explode.  So frustrating to work this way. 

thanks Ted.

TBoliske

Kent,

The error message issue may be resolved by contacting TWS. There was an issue with packaging the files for download that has been resolved.

Regarding what you are seeing on the screen, when in the Score Manager make certain that you have the Percussion MIDI Map set for proper instruments. The Score Manager image I saw in the video did not display that column. If it isn't showing up in the window, click the Customize button below the main SM (upper) window and check Percussion MIDI Map. That should bring the column into view.
Ted Boliske

sonordrum

that did it TBoliske, I knew something just didn't look right but I couldn't remember what EXTRA thing I had to select.  Honestly I'm just not too bright sometimes.
thanks a million!

TBoliske

Glad to hear it's working.
Ted Boliske

sonordrum

I've even shown others who have missed this step in set up before....then I miss it again!!!!