Author
Topic: Using VDL Template with Sibelius Template

gbass598

OK,

I'm getting back in the swing of things with Sibelius and VDL. I used to use it pretty extensively, then I didn't teach for a year and then someone else wrote the band show for the group I taught last fall so its basically been 2 years since I've written on Sibelius using VDL.

I'm working on knocking the dust off of my skills. I using Sibelius 7.1.3 and VDL 2.5.5 and I've bought all the most recent templates. I've noticed in the VDL template, I have limited abilities to add the various Sibelius instruments and vice versa. For example, the VDL instruments aren't avilable to select in the Sibelius Sounds template and the Fanfar Brass sounds are not available to select in the VDL template.

Am I somehow able to merger the sounds for use into a single template? i've even tried playing with the sound engine to get the different sound sets in place but the Fanfare sounds included in Sibelius just don't appear for me to select them in the VDL template.

Am I missing something obvious?
Sibelius 7.1.3
VDL 2.5.5
Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Hugh Smith

Exactly which templates are you referring to?
Hugh Smith

gbass598

Sorry, I think I figured it out. I have the Sibelius 7 Sounds and VDL template bundle. I missed the bundle template that I downloaded in addition to the individuals and that has both pieces of info combined.
Sibelius 7.1.3
VDL 2.5.5
Early 2011 MacBook Pro

Hugh Smith

Ah, OK. Good deal. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Hugh Smith