Author
Topic: volume on kit

atom

hello

the percussions have very often a very low volume  even with the mix slider at 127 ?

any light on this

thanks

Hugh Smith

Hi Atom

I'm afraid you're stuck with what Sibelius gives you on that one since it's a library thing. With the Mixer slider all the way up, you might try putting higher dynamic markings in the score, then also include the way you want it to read, then uncheck the Play On Pass boxes in Inspector.

Hope that makes sense.
Hugh Smith

atom

then also include the way you want it to read, then uncheck the Play On Pass boxes in Inspector.

what do you means by include the way you want it to read ?  the system is playing back

if i uncheck the play on pass  i do not have any sound , plain silence ?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

another questions schould i " choose instrument " form the template S7S or all instrument .

thanks to let me now

Hugh Smith

Quote from: atom on May 17, 2014, 04:49:12 PM
then also include the way you want it to read, then uncheck the Play On Pass boxes in Inspector.

what do you means by include the way you want it to read ?  the system is playing back

if i uncheck the play on pass  i do not have any sound , plain silence ?

See attached image. For how you want the volume to read in the score (the lower one), uncheck the play on pass boxes (do not have notes selected, only the dynamic marking). Add another dynamic marking to try to get the part to have more volume, hide it from view so it won't print.

I don't know if it will work or not, it is only a suggestion.

Quote from: atom on May 17, 2014, 04:49:12 PM
another questions schould i " choose instrument " form the template S7S or all instrument .

thanks to let me now

Yes, from the S7S Template. Be sure to have the "S7S SoundSet 7.1a" sound set assigned to Sibelius Player in your Playback Configuration.

I hope I'm being clear. Let me know how it goes.
Hugh Smith

Joe

A simpler way to do this is to make the dynamic marking "mf~ff". Sibelius will play back the most recent marking (in this case the ff) and anything after the tilde will be hidden, so only "mf" is visible.

Hugh Smith

Thanks Joe. That is easier.
Hugh Smith