Author
Topic: VDL sounds not playing in conjunction with Sibelius Sounds

drummer54

Hi,

I just upgraded to Sibelius 7.5 from 7. When I did my Sibelius sounds for the winds stopped playing back. I checked my playback configuration and nothing was out of the ordinary to my knowledge. I've had the s7s template but never really used it. I have just stuck with the vdl template because it did everything I needed it to. I thought since my normal configuration wasn't working I would use the bundled template I downloaded from TWS. I followed all procedures to set everything up, however, when I load things the vdl sounds still don't play back. I have come to the conclusion that it will only let me have one active library open at a time. I figured this out because I would take VDL out of my playback and the s7s sounds would play. Then I would take the s7s sounds out and my VDL stuff would play.

Any advice?

All the .xml files are in their correct places. I am running:

Macbook Air
Sib 7.5
VDL 2.5.5
TWS templates - vdlsoundset7.0a and s7s_template7.1a

Thanks!

Hugh Smith

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

drummer54

Here you go.

drummer54

Any thoughts?

Hugh Smith

Quote from: drummer54 on June 27, 2014, 04:34:05 PM
I have come to the conclusion that it will only let me have one active library open at a time. I figured this out because I would take VDL out of my playback and the s7s sounds would play. Then I would take the s7s sounds out and my VDL stuff would play.

They should both playback. Something's a little wonky in the setup if you can only get one or the other.

Config looks good. Can you also attach a screen shot of your Mixer?
Hugh Smith

tonygood

I am having the EXACT same problem with my Sibelius 7.5 on my school macbook pro.  It's literally making me crazier every day, and I am panicked trying to finish music and practice mp3's for band for start of the school year.

Any updates or luck with this topic?

Thanks.

Hugh Smith

Hi Tony, welcome to the forum.

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration and Mixer.
Hugh Smith

tonygood

Here it is!

Hugh Smith

Everything in the Mixer says "unallocated". Briefly play the score back to get things to load, then attach those screen shots of the now-should-be-changed Mixer.

The config looks good.
Hugh Smith

tonygood

Hugh,

In a panic and frustrated troubleshooting session with myself, I simply copied every .xml file on my laptop into my sounds folder, and now it all works.  lol

Thanks for the help!

Hugh Smith

Glad to see you got it sorted.
Hugh Smith