Author
Topic: Kontakt 5 player no sound

Sonny

Mac with 10.9.  Sibelius 7.1.3, Kontakt player 5, VDL, and VDL Template 7.0a.2.  Installed a couple days ago.  All appears to be working until playback.  The mixer shows the interments playing, but no sound is heard.  If open Kontakt by itself and play an instrument, there is sound.  Also when you launch Sibelius, the intro music can be heard.  Have been researching for a couple days.  Any suggestions?

Hugh Smith

Please attach an screen shot of your Playback Configuration.
Hugh Smith

Sonny

Here are two screen shots.  One is of the playback devices setup and the other showing the mixer being active but I have no sound playing.

Thanks for your assistance

Hugh Smith

Both images look good. But still no playback? Even in the TriggerTest file(s)?

And you said sounds play when VDL is in stand alone mode? Do you have any other audio related programs open?
Hugh Smith

Sonny

See attached screenshot showing Kontakt in stand alone mode.  Nothing else is/was open on the computer.  When play keyboard, I can hear the drums being struck. 

Yes, even in TriggerTest.  That was what the previous screenshots were take of.  And no sound.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you

Hugh Smith

I sent you a PM so you can send me the file to take a look at.
Hugh Smith

Hugh Smith

VDL is working in stand alone, so that's good.

If the TriggerTest files don't playback, then there's something else amiss in the setup.

Which did you install first, Sibelius or VDL?
Hugh Smith

Sonny

Installed Sibelius first

Hugh Smith

Hmm... OK. Try:

1) In KP5 stand alone, remove VDL from the Libraries tab, then add it back. Start Sibelius and see what happens.
2) If 1 doesn't get it, then you may want to reinstall Sibelius.

Let me know how it goes.
Hugh Smith

Sonny

Sorry for delay.  Tried step 1 did not with no success.  Will now work on reinstall.

Thank you

Sonny

Reinstalled Sibelius, VDL, and Kontakt.  Now works just fine.

Thanks for the help on this issue

Hugh Smith

Excellent!
Hugh Smith