Author
Topic: Finale 2014 and VDL Template 2008

Indydrummer

Does Finale 2014 and VDL Template 2008 work together? The drumline sounds are very weird. I put in a triplet roll, it makes a clicking noise? It's playing through Kontakt Player. Sometimes, Tenor line is very soft. Snareline only makes one sound no matter what rudiment I put in. Meaning if there is a buzz roll written, the sound does not produce thru Kontakt Player correctly. I also realized that when i go to edit instruments to match Kontakt Player instruments, the aren't there. There are only instrument names that Finale offers. There isn't a VDL Snareline (mw) or (autoRL) or Kevlar.. etc.

I'm guessing the 08 template doesn't have those features yet? or am i missing a step as to why those instrument names don't pop when i go to edit instruments to match VDL OR Kontakt players instruments.

TBoliske

The 2008 templates are not compatible with Finale 2014 or the current version of VDL (2.5.5). You would need to update your templates to at least 2010. The 2010 templates will work with the current version of Finale but will be missing some of the updates to VDL. The templates for 2014 are near completion, so it may be beneficial to wait on updating your templates.

Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

Wayne Bovenschen

Thanks for the news that the templates are nearing completion.  I know that this takes a HORRIFIC amount of time and us users are very grateful.  I am a bit behind and just now starting my fall writing, but will stick with Finale 12 until you guys are done with the massive project.  The first beer is on me when you're done :-)  Maybe one for Hugh too...... maybe.

Hugh Smith

Yes, they are getting close to completion.

I may have to hold you to that Wayne!
Hugh Smith