Author
Topic: Kontakt Not Loading Instruments

John Max McFarland

Hi,

I posted on the tapspace forum and didn't receive a response.  Hoping that maybe I could get some help on here since I'm not sure if it's an issue with a template or soundset.  I'll copy and paste from the tapspace forum and include screen shots.  Hoping I can get some guidance.  I've even tried reinstalling Sibelius and I'm getting the same errors. 

-------

I just had a freak incident similar to what tablackstock is talking about.  I opened up my computer to find that my usual Sibelius desktop icon was missing.  I checked in the recycle bin and noticed it was in there for some reason.  I restored it and now playback is not working.  I've attached a screenshot of the mixer.  Basically, all the staves are making sounds, but the master isn't playing back.  I'll keep researching, but I didn't know if this is something you've dealt with in the past. 

Update:  I'm also getting a C++ runtime error (attached screen shot).  I'm not sure if that helps in finding the solution.

Update2:  I also noticed that there are no instruments being loaded into Kontakt 4 (Another Screenshot attached)."

Here are some specs:
Windows 8
Sibelius 7.1.3
Kontakt 4
Virtual Drumline 2.5.5
WriteScore template v.7

Hugh Smith

Hi John, welcome to the forum.

1) Does Kontakt Player / VDL work in stand alone?
2) Something else is wrong if you're getting a runtime error. I'd try re-installing Sibelius for that.
Hugh Smith

John Max McFarland

Hugh,

It does not work in standalone.  The virtual drumline library didn't even show up in my Kontakt 4 list.  I just received this error (Screen Shot).  Not sure why this is happening.  Everything has worked fine until just the other day.  Thanks for your help!

Hugh Smith

Hmm, yeah, not good. What comes to mind is to re-install Kontakt Player and the VDL library (doing so may clear up the runtime issue also). Otherwise ...

I know you already posted there, but you're gonna want to hit the Tapspace guys up for that one.
Hugh Smith

John Max McFarland

Thanks, Hugh.  I was able to get the library to load in Kontakt Player 5 as a standalone, but whenever I open a score in Sibelius, kontakt still doesn't automatically load the sounds.  I can manually drag the instruments into kontakt and get them to playback in Sibelius, but I don't think that's a good workaround in this case.  I'll hit up Jim and Murray, but I just didn't know if this is something you've seen before. 

Hugh Smith

Do you have the most recent VST files from Kontakt Player in Sibelius' VST folder?
Hugh Smith