Author
Topic: VDL Sound Set Absence (Kontakt 4)

NPercussion

Here are my specs:

Windows Vista
Sibelius 6
Kontakt 4
VDL 2.5.5

I'm having an issue where the VDL Soundset does not appear under the drop down menu for Kontakt 4. I have looked through this forum, and I thought I had installed everything correctly...Perhaps somebody could find something I missed!

Here is what I've done:

1. Successfully integrated and registered Virtual Drumline with Kontakt 4 (Attachment 1: Kontakt 4 w/ VDL)
2. Copied the Kontakt 4 .dll files into my Sibelius folder "VST Plugins" (Attachment 2: VST Plugins)
     a. I tried putting all 3 .dll files in, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
3. Made sure the file Virtual Drum Line 2.5.xml was in Sibelius>Sounds folder (attachment 3: VDL in Sounds)

The result:

Kontakt Player 4 shows up in my active playback devices as a VST. In the Sound Set dropdown menu, Virtual Drum Line is absent. If I click "Show" in the playback devices menu, Kontakt 4 opens and shows Virtual Drum Line in the left hand menu, installed and registered. (Attachment 4: Missing Soundset)

Please let me know if I have missed a step or overlooked something! I'd love to be up and running soon.

Thank you,

Nick

Hugh Smith

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum.

Are you using the Template?
Hugh Smith

NPercussion

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. I am not using a template. Is purchasing the template 100% necessary? I was under the impression that templates made integration easier, but were not needed.

Hugh Smith

Quote from: NPercussion on September 15, 2014, 01:09:59 PM
Is purchasing the template 100% necessary? I was under the impression that templates made integration easier, but were not needed.

No, you can do all the integration yourself. (However, please keep in mind that this forum is technically for TWS Template users only.)

Now, with that said, Sibelius is not seeing that VDL is installed. From within Kontakt Player, remove the library and then add it back. That usually takes care of it.
Hugh Smith

NPercussion

Hi,

Removing and adding the library didn't fix the problem, so I downloaded the template. What is the next step now that I have the template?

Nick

Hugh Smith

Which template did you download? Follow the instructions in the Readme.
Hugh Smith