Author
Topic: Tenor-shots not souding

Hugh Smith

Are you manually moving files around or using some other method to install? Are you working with a fresh version of 2.5.5 or do you have just an upgrade package? (I can't remember exactly what options are available for that.)

Have you contacted Tapspace?
Hugh Smith

Indydrummer

I manually moved files around but I followed the video. I did not put the 2.5 disc back in because the folder was still on my computer. I copy and pasted the 3 nkx files in the 2.5.5 folder. Instructions said users can do that which will save time. I'm using the 2.5.5 upgrade, $15 purchase. I have not contacted TapSpace because I saw the forum on here for someone who had this problem as well.

Hugh Smith

I think I've seen the video you're referring to. What is the link to it?
Hugh Smith

Indydrummer

Indydrummer

In the video, he's going into the VDL 2.5.5 Update filer and dragging out another 2.5 folder and placing it in Applications. When I go to open the 2.5.5 folder to do so, there isn't another folder that says Virtual Drum line 2.5

Attached is a screenshot of the instructions that matches the video as far that 2.5 folder being inside of 2.5.5 folder..

Indydrummer

Hugh,

I got the tenor shots working now! My VDL 2.5.5 update that should have had the 2.5 folder inside of it, somehow got deleted. I called TapSpace and they gladly sent a new download link, (with proof of purchase of course.) They also walked me through the steps just to make sure everything was working correctly!

Aside from all of that, thank you for your kind and continuous help! Wish I could give a rating somewhere that represents your high quality customer service! Thank you tons for your assistance in trying to figure this out.

Hugh Smith

Outstanding! (Those Tapspace guys are awesome!) Glad to see you got it sorted out.

You're welcome. You should be good to go, but you know where to find me if something comes up.
Hugh Smith

andrewasmit

Hello,

I was about to post about this exact issue. The tenor shots (as well as rims) are being shown in the notation, but the playback is silent.

I followed this whole thread and tried the various things you suggested, but the solution for you (the 2.5 library re-installation) didn't work for me. So, I'm now lost.

I'm operating on OSx 10.9.4, have Sibelius 7.5, and VDL 2.5.5.
Any suggestions would help.

-Andrew

Hugh Smith

Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum.

Exactly what steps have you taken to troubleshoot?

What does the keyboard in Kontakt Player look like for the TenorLine Manual patch? Attach screenshot.
Hugh Smith

andrewasmit

Hugh,

I went back through the forum and found the problem. There was a missing file. So, I downloaded the library off my disk one more time and it's working perfectly now. Tenor shots are speaking, and the volume is normal now. (For some reason, the volume was very quiet beforehand).

Everything seems to be in order now. Although, I appreciate the help

-Andrew S

Hugh Smith

Awesome!
Hugh Smith

Chuck McCurdy

I'm a little late to this discussion, but I encountered this problem today.  When I loaded the trigger test template, I discovered that the Tenor Manual LITE file has tenor shot sounds missing or misplaced - all I get are rim sounds with the #29 notehead.   However, the full Tenor Manual file works just fine.

Hugh Smith

Hi Chuck, welcome to the forum.

Have you tried any/all the suggestions in this thread? Please attach screen shots of your Playback Configuration and other images similar to ones in this thread.
Hugh Smith