Author
Topic: FIN14 Battery Template Issue

jacob.grabill

I attempted to boot up a new project using the FIN14_Battery template and it gave me an error stating it is an invalid file type. I attached a picture of the error given.  The other two templates boot up perfectly fine but the Battery template refuses to cooperate. Any suggestions?

-Jacob

TBoliske

Jacob,

Thanks for posting to the forums.

The invalid file type is an issue I and TWS are currently attempting to resolve. In the mean time, since the other template files open without issue I would use one of them to work from. The Ensemble template may be the easiest to use. Open the file and then delete those staves and instruments you don't need. All of this may be done via the Score Manager and the Audio/MIDI menu.

Let me know if you have any further questions of issues.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

sonordrum

any progress on this?  I can't get this to work either with the errors.  So I was just going to merge some existing scores but that's not working either.  Did I mention my hatred for Finale?  Let it be known.  I'll figure out a work around in the mean time....

TBoliske

The issue was resolved. Contact TWS and ask about a new download. The issue had to due with how the files were compressed.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths