Author
Topic: Issues finding playback configuration in Sib 7.5

bobbyscottmusic

First off, thank you to everyone taking the time to read this post. I truly appreciate it.

I recently purchased a new iMac and have since moved all my files onto it. On the new computer, I am running OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Sibelius 7.5, Virtual Drumline 2.5.5, and Kontakt 5. All applications are registered and up to date.

I am able to open Kontakt 5 and view the VDL library.

However, when I open an older file I am not able to view see any type of Virtual Drumline or Kontakt sound set. This file I'm working out of has a custom configured Sibelius and VDL configuration that is not showing. This customer configuration was originally created from the VDL template. The only configuration that is there is the General MIDI (basic).

Thoughts?

Hugh Smith

Sibelius' Playback Configurations are not file specific (though it will "remember" which config it used last).

Click on the New button to create a new configuration. Then you'll have access to what you're looking for (assuming everything else is setup properly). A quick review of the setup instructions in the Readme may be useful.

Be sure to use the AU version of Kontakt Player.

Let me know how you get on.
Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

Seems that when I try to create a new configuration that nothing is even coming though.

Is there something I have to do get VDL to talk directly with SIB?

Hugh Smith

Quote from: bobbyscottmusic on November 05, 2014, 09:42:05 PM
Seems that when I try to create a new configuration that nothing is even coming though.

You'll need to elaborate on that. Please attach more screen shots of what you see.
Hugh Smith

bobbyscottmusic

Here's a different question.

If I open the VDL template, what is my next step to get VDL to play through Sibelius?

Hugh Smith

Quote from: bobbyscottmusic on November 06, 2014, 07:50:23 PM
If I open the VDL template, what is my next step to get VDL to play through Sibelius?

When opening a copy of the VDL Template for the first time, you need to make sure that you select a Playback Configuration (created by you) that has at least one or more instances of Kontakt Player with the "VDL SoundSet 7.0a" sound set assigned to them.
Hugh Smith

jvest0648

Hi Hugh,

This is what I see (I'm using Sibelius 7.5 and Windows 8 and Kontakt 5) -- how will I know if I'm using the Kontakt AU -- for some reason it doesn't say if it is AU or not?

Jeremy

jvest0648

Never mind, Hugh, I figured out what I did wrong and now all is fixed!

Hugh Smith

Glad you got it fixed. Um.. what was it you did?
Hugh Smith