Author
Topic: I cant get VDL to work in sibelius 7!!!!

bdsnare13

So, I was recently helped on the tapspace forums and they helped me get VDL working in Kontakt 5. Then they pointed me to here for help integrating it into sibelius 7.

The problem I'm having is that when i try and configure my playback, I can see Kontakt 5 as a plugin, but when i try and make the soundset VDL, it doesnt show that VDL even exists. I've already copied the xml file and created my own sounds folder but nothing is working. I've been trying to get this program to work and to understand it but so far I'm barely farther into getting it to work than i was WEEKS ago. I would really like to start using the program I've spent hundreds of dollars on. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Hugh Smith

Hi bdsnare13, welcome to the forum.

Please attach a screen shot of your Playback Configuration - including what you see in the sound set drop down menu.
Hugh Smith

bdsnare13

this is what i see

Hugh Smith

There's something wrong in your setup. Kontakt Player (Kontakt 5 in the image) should show up in Sibelius as a "Kontakt" Type device, not a VST.

What version of Sibelius are you using?
What version of Kontakt Player are you using?
Hugh Smith

bdsnare13

Im using kontakt player 5 and sibelius 7.0

Hugh Smith

That's what I suspected. In order for Sibelius to see Kontakt Player correctly you need to be using 7.1 or higher (not 7.0). Go get 7.1.3 from the Sibelius upgrades page and you should be good to go.
Hugh Smith