Author
Topic: Need help seting up VDL template set up for Finale 2014

busscherryan

Hello, I am running the newest mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.1. I just updated to the current Finale 2014. I downloaded VDL 2.5.5 from Tapspace and they recommended that I purchase  your Finale 2014 templates for VDL.

To my knowledge, I have done all of the steps necessary to be up and running. When I opened a new document in Finale to test it out, the VDL sounds are working, the maps are not working. The notes are all over the place. What did I miss??

I have two indoor shows that I have to complete by next week.

I really need help getting this going.
Please help

TBoliske

Did you open a new file from the templates or a default Finale new file?

I'd also suggest familiarizing yourself with how Score Manager works. You don't say from which version of Finale you've updated.

You may also want to review the Readme documentation for the templates.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

busscherryan

I tried both. Neither worked. The VDL sounds work but the notes are still all over the place.

I am coming from 2012.

So far, all I have found in the read me doc is a Finale how to. I have been using Finale since Finale 2005. It is not new to me.

What is new to me, is VDL and your templates. I need tech support. I need this to work yesterday. I have clients waiting on me.

What do you need to know to help me? I have tried reading through all of the 'read me' stuff. I have watched VDLdemystified. I feel like I am really close. I purchased your templates that boast "this is all you need and you'll be ready to start working".

getting frustrated,
Please help

TBoliske

The Readme documentation that came with the templates show you how to handle VDL with Finale. They show you where to install all of the files including the XML files, the templates and the Library file. There is also information for using VDL and the templates with the Score Manager.

I suggest opening the Battery template, then verify that you are able to view the Percussion MIDI Map column (far right side of the upper section, may require you to check in the Custom View button), finally verify that the Percussion Layouts match the Percussion MIDI Map assignments. The Percussion Layouts are selected with Notation > Percussion.

If you don't see the Percussion MIDI Maps in that Score Manager column, then verify that the XML files are in the correct locations, both for the User and the Common. The Percussion Layouts are incorporated into the templates.
Ted Boliske

Mac OS 10.12, 10.14, 10.15, Win7, Win10
VDL2.5.5, Finale 2010-14.5, Finale 25-27
Kontakt 4-6, various other soft synths

The Write Score

Quote from: busscherryan on December 02, 2014, 07:22:04 AM
I need tech support. I need this to work yesterday. I have clients waiting on me.

busscherryan, please be patient. The developer (Ted in this case) will do his best to assist you in a timely manner. But keep in mind that he cannot in any way be responsible for other people's deadlines.

Quote from: busscherryan on December 02, 2014, 07:22:04 AM
What do you need to know to help me? I have tried reading through all of the 'read me' stuff. I have watched VDLdemystified. I feel like I am really close.

Screen shots give a lot of info. And otherwise do your best to explain your current process and where you are having the issue within that process.

You probably are close, hang in there.